Wednesday 29 August 2012

Gearlink Kawasaki Round 8 Cadwell Park

Motorpoint British Supersport

Ben Wilson on the Gearlink Kawasaki had a bad start in race one at his home circuit of Cadwell Park; Ben was fifth in qualifying but was unfortunate to suffer a technical problem on his Gearlink Kawasaki in the first sprint race, forcing him to retire. In race two he was placed in fifth again on the grid for the second race on Sunday and finished in sixth.


Ben Wilson- lady luck not shining on him this season

His new team-mate for the weekend at Cadwell Park was Scott Hudson; Scott has been racing for the Gearlink Kawasaki team in the National Superstock 600 class and moved up into the main Supersport Championship this weekend. He had two fantastic races for his first attempt finishing in in 17th place in race one and a great points scoring position in race two where he finished in 13th position.

Ben - "It's been another frustrating weekend for me and I feel like it's the story of the year for me. We have been working really hard to try and progress and move things forward but it's pretty disheartening. I have to remember the success and the fantastic season Gearlink Kawasaki and myself had last year and I knew it would have been hard to beat something like that. I've not been able to find a good set up and the problem in race one was a nightmare and I just seem to have no luck this year."


Scott Hudson- stepped up to Supersport at Cadwell
  
Scott - "I'm delighted that Michael and Norma gave me the chance to race the Supersport bike here and to be able to walk away with three Championship points is awesome. I really enjoyed the whole weekend and the difference between the two bikes is huge. I've never ridden on Pirelli tyres and it was a nice feeling to have some real grip and some power. The more time I spent on track the more time I wanted to spend on track! I hope to be on the Gearlink Kawasaki Supersport bike for the rest of the season and it would be nice to get a few more points also."
 

 
Metzeler Superstock 600s

With Scott Hudson moving up into the British Supersport class he was replaced in the Metzeler National Superstock Championship for Gearlink Kawasaki by Jack Groves. The 23-year-old from Swindon, who has not raced a full season in BSB since 2009, stepped up to the pace and found himself gaining a couple of Championship points, finishing in 14th place.




Jack Groves- hoping to see the season out with Gearlink Kawasaki

Jack - "I was really pleased to step in at Gearlink Kawasaki in the stock 600 class for Cadwell Park, I've not raced at this circuit since 2009 and it has been hard to get back up to speed with it all. I've been training hard and become part of the KX Akademy, they have been helping me train and has become a big help. I've lost over a stone and really enjoyed my time racing with Gearlink Kawasaki and thank the team for giving me the opportunity. I hope to be racing with them for the remainder of the season."


Team Manager Michael de Bidaph -
"I'm really disappointed with the weekend, at a track we did so well at last year, coming here this year and struggling so much with everything has made things extremely difficult. We've been working really hard and changing several aspects on the Gearlink Kawasaki to try and help Ben progress and we struggled to get close to the times that were set last year here by Ben. We really have not been having the year we'd have hoped for and still hope that we can take one win away from this season.


We thought Scott did a great job in the Supersport class he got better as the weekend progressed and just kept digging deep, he stayed on all weekend and walked away with some Championship points which is brilliant. We want to keep working closely with him and hope he can keep improving and gain some more points.

Jack also did a great job for his first time out on our Superstock bike he also improved his times all weekend and settled in nicely to the Gearlink Kawasaki team, he was good to work with and also gained some valuable Championship points and it would be nice to improve on that at Donington with him."


For more information on Gearlink Kawasaki please visit: www.gearlinkracing.com


We're pleased to support, sponsor and supply performance parts to Gealink Kawasaki racing. for more information on the parts we have to add some 'bionics to your bike' please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com
Performance Parts Ltd- 
Bionics for your Bike- 
Better, Stronger, Faster..

No comments:

Post a Comment