Tuesday 16 August 2011

BRAD ANDERSON AND PAR HONDA WIN BRITISH MX1 CHAMPIONSHIP WITH TRIPLE VICTORY AT DUNS

Akrapovic equipped PAR Honda’s Brad Anderson wrapped up the 2011 British MX1 title at Duns yesterday as he blasted to three out of three wins to take the title with one round to spare.

Anderson, who has shown dominance all year and has been gaining momentum with many wins over the last few races, was relieved to have taken the title with a round to go and doing so in style by taking all three race wins at the Duns track. After qualifying third in the wet conditions, Anderson enjoyed a good battle in the opening race of the day with British Championship returnee Billy Mackenzie, to take the first win of the day.

Anderson went on to win the second race in style, and he knew he had to beat his main British Championship rival, Kristian Whatley, in the final outing to take the title. Whatley pushed Anderson hard, but the 29-year-old held out aboard his CRF450R to win the race, the overall and the series at his home race.

In the MX2 class returning from injury Luke Hawkins and Anthony Reville spent their day getting back up to speed, having both only returned to riding one week ago following a long period off the bike. In race one Reville gated well into ninth place, but arm-pump saw the 17-year-old youngster slip back to 17th, while Hawkins maintained a steady pace for a healthy 13th place finish.

In the second race both riders didn’t get the best of starts, but Hawkins made good progress before feeling a little fatigued with his lack of recent bike time, as the track became super rough and bumpy, to take 14th place. A disappointed Reville was forced to retire with a technical problem a few laps into the 20-minute plus two-lap moto.

In the final race of the day neither rider got the starts they had hoped for, and as the track became more one liney, it was difficult to make up time. Towards the end of the moto both racers enjoyed a good battle together with Reville passing Hawkins in the final lap to finish in 15th and 16th places respectively. Both riders hope now to get as much ride time possible before the last British Championship round at Hawkstone Park.

Brad Anderson #60: MX1 1st Overall – 2011 British MX1 Champion
“Today went pretty awesome. After I saw the track before the races I really didn’t think I’d come away with three wins, as it was so wet. I put the hammer down in the first one. In the second one Whatley was pushing us all the way and the same in the last one as he didn’t want us to win it here, but I wanted to wrap the championship up today and everyone has done an awesome job. I’m over the moon. I’d just like to thank Paul, Neil, Geoff, Fox Racing, ISO Scaffolding, RGS builders, Rochford's Garage, Route 77 Energy and everyone that has helped us, as I couldn’t have done it without them. I’m now looking forward to the British Grand Prix and the Nations, which I can concentrate on. I hope we can put on a good show for the British fans.”

Luke Hawkins #12: MX2 14th Overall

“I only went out on the bike last Sunday to see how I felt and it was okay so I started to do some motos. I had a bit of a rest and did some training and once we found out I had got an entry we went out again on the bike in the week. I’m really down on bike time at the minute, which showed in the races. I came in to try and get three finishes, as I didn’t know what to expect. I felt good in qualifying when the track was tacky and made superpole. Then in race one I felt good although a bit tired at the end. I got a good start in the second race but got a bit of arm pump when I tried to push and I got tired quite early, so I ended up 14th. I got a bad start last race and struggled to ride how I wanted to; I’m struggling with strength and fitness but the more I ride the better it’s going to get so I’ve just got to keep at it.”

Anthony Reville #356: 20th Overall

“I’ve only had a week on the bike after a long time off so I’m a bit rusty, and I’ve been trying to get my motos in to get back up to speed, but we’ve got a long way to go yet. Qualifying today didn’t go to plan. I got taken down in one of my fast laps and made a mistake in my last fast lap, and by then I’d run out of time. The track was sloppy but by the first race there were a lot of deep lines, although it was sloppy still in places. I got a great start in the first race into ninth, but I was riding tense because I knew I was in a good position and I got arm pump quite bad. I struggled a bit, then I had a couple of small crashes and it was downhill from there, but it’s my first race in a long time so it was good to get it out of the way. In the second race I had a problem with my clutch and I had to pull in. In the third race I didn’t get a great start. Luke and I were together for the whole race, and the track was really gnarly with bumps everywhere, as it had dried out. It was one liney and hard to pass, but I got 15th in the end and it was good to have some races under my belt. Now I’ll be on the bike as much as I can before Hawkstone Park.”

Paul Rowlands: PAR Honda Team Owner
“We’ve had a brilliant today and Brad has ridden awesome. I think he felt a bit under pressure this morning but he rode his heart out on his home track for the wins. It’s cost me a lot of money today but he deserves it! He rode 110% and it’s great to have taken the championship. Fair play to the young ones they’ve just come back from injury and they got three races out of the way. I think we could have done better, but we need to build on it and go forward.”

For more information on what performance parts we have for your bike please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com

Performance Parts Ltd - Bionics for your bike. Better. Stronger. Faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment