Tuesday 30 August 2011

SWAN YAMAHA SCORE POLE POSITION AND ONE-TWO FINISH AT CADWELL PARK

 The Akrapovic equipped Swan Yamaha team put on an impressive show for the fans at Cadwell Park at the ninth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as Michael Laverty claimed his first pole position and Tommy Hill in second.

In qualifying Hill looked set to claim the pole position, but a last lap improvement from Laverty saw him edge out his team-mate ahead of Monday's second race. Sunday’s rescheduled race saw the pair get off to a flying start from the front row with Laverty leading Hill as the pair pulled out an advantage over the field. Hill was shadowing his team-mate for the lead, however at the start of the eleventh lap the race was red flagged for rain. The result means Hill is now three podium credits ahead of his nearest rival Shane Byrne, whilst Laverty confirmed his place in the Showdown.
 Hill said: "It is great for the Swan Yamaha team to have a one-two in both qualifying and the first race here at Cadwell Park today. I was fairly happy with qualifying but I do feel a bit gutted not to have been on pole. I am happy to be on the front row for the second race tomorrow, but I really wanted pole as we had been fastest before that and I knew we had the pace. Congratulations to Michael though, as that was a great lap he did and it is fantastic that we have a Swan Yamaha one-two on the grid. I was looking like I might have improved on my fastest lap but I hit a false neutral into the Hairpin which cost me probably half a second. I was frustrated that the race was red flagged, but I suppose you can’t take any chances although I would have liked for it to go down to the wire as I think the battle was just starting. I think I could have passed Michael, or at least I would have had a go for it in the last laps, but it was a good result for the team.



Michael Laverty wins ahead of Tommy Hill at Cadwell Park


Laverty said: "I am really happy to have taken the pole position for Swan Yamaha for the race tomorrow as it is my first in BSB; I had make some mistakes on the previous lap but I am really chuffed. I was hoping I could just pull it out the bag but I wasn't sure if Tommy Hill was just going to take it back on his final lap. I am feeling pretty happy with the win as it is good for my championship and to consolidate the position in the top six for the Showdown.  I got off to a good start and was able to set the pace but I did make a few mistakes and knew that Tommy was close behind me. The Swan Yamaha was working well and we have more to come. I think it was the right call to stop the race when it started to rain in places and I am chuffed to have claimed pole and a race win today."

Team Manager Gary Ekerold concluded: "All I can say is that today we have had two fantastic results for the Swan Yamaha team. To start with a first and second in qualifying for tomorrow’s races and then for Michael and Tommy to have taken the same result in the first race and by a good margin was an excellent result for the team. We now want to carry that momentum through now that both riders have secured their place in the Showdown."
  
For more information visit www.swanyamaha.co.uk




For more information on Akrapovic and the hundreds of performance parts we have for your bike please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com


Performance Parts Ltd - Bionics for your Bike. Better. Stronger. Faster..

No comments:

Post a Comment