Monday 9 July 2012

Strong Weekend for Gearlink Kawasaki Round 6 Oulton Park

Motorpoint British Supersport

Ben Wilson had a solid weekend at Oulton Park gaining a second and fourth place in the two Motorpoint British Supersport races on board the Kawasaki ZX-6R with Gearlink Kawasaki. His team-mate Dan Cooper also had his best weekend of the season finishing in 10th and 11th places in the two races.

Oulton Park in May was the last time Ben visited the podium so it was a welcome return for him and he is in fourth place in the overall Championship standings. The Gearlink Kawasaki team have been working hard all weekend to get a good set up around the circuit and Ben qualified in fifth for the sprint race on Saturday. He got a great start and was third into turn one and fourth after the opening lap. He was locked in a tight battle in the opening laps before the two leaders bridged a small gap and Ben was sitting in fourth, on the last lap on the final corner the two front runners, Richards and Kennedy collided and crashed out.

He was placed in sixth for the Sunday race and once again Ben's fantastic starts got him through to fourth into the opening corner but he dropped back to sixth after lap one. Ben was fighting hard at the start of the race and was soon locked in a battle with Triumph rider Luke Mossey, the pair was swapping positions between fourth and fifth on most laps but it was Ben that finally got the upper hand and finished fourth.

A 4th and a 2nd for Ben Wilson
 Ben - "I'm still really frustrated with this year and it's just not going the way I would have liked. It was good to get on the podium yesterday but I want to be finishing there every weekend as I know I can. It's been another hard weekend and I just hope we can turn things around I've not won a race yet and it is extremely frustrating when I know I can beat them. I just hope it will change when we get to Brands Hatch as I really want to be back up at the sharp end of it all."

Solid performances to build on for Dan Cooper
 Dan Cooper had his best weekend of the year on the Gearlink Kawasaki with two solid results in the two Supersport races, he got 10th and 11th. He has worked hard at the last two races for the Gearlink Kawasaki team to get a good set up on the bike. With him not riding the first race at Oulton Park in May, he had to start from scratch to find settings that worked best for him on the Kawasaki.

In the first race Dan was in a battle with Dean Hipwell and Taylor Mackenzie for tenth place and the trio had a battle throughout the race with Dan finally getting the upper hand for tenth as they crossed the line. In the second race on Sunday Dan was having a really good race with Deane Brown and eventually got the upper hand by 0.1 for 11th place.

Dan - "Oulton is one of my favourite tracks so I was looking forward to coming here and getting some decent results. I'm pretty pleased to have come here and got the results I have because I never got to do the round here in May so I had to start from scratch with a set-up for the Gearlink Kawasaki but I'm pretty pleased with the results I've got and I just hope the rest of the season I move forwards." 

Metzeler Superstock 600s

Scott Hudson struggled during qualifying and ended up in 20th place on the grid for the Superstock 600 race. He gained a good start and made progress through the field throughout the 12-lap race and was up into 15th place and a point scoring position mid-way through the race. He got caught up in a tight battle with Jamie Harris but sadly missed out on the last lap and ended up 16th in the race.

Scott Hudson
 Scott - "I'm really disappointed this weekend as I wanted to make progress and get some more points, however I did manage to improve my times over the weekend and I felt like I had a good race and a good battle with Jamie. We were fighting hard until the end but I was struggling with a brake issue in the latter stages of the race and this got worse towards the end. I'm just a bit gutted but hopefully I can move forward at Brands Hatch in a couple of weeks' time."
 

Team Manager Michael de Bidaph - "It's been another frustrating weekend for us and we know we have to make some progress with the Gearlink Kawasaki's to move Ben forward through the field. I know he can run up the front and we hope the win will come at some stage as I know Ben is capable of achieving the win and he proved that last year. We know we need to do some more testing this year to get on par with the Triumphs and the Yamaha as we are struggling to stay with them during the races. We know what we have to do and hopefully after Brands we might be able to get out and test and try and get a little more from the bikes.

I am really pleased with Dan's progress this weekend; he's worked hard and got some good solid results at a track we know he's good at. It's good to have him on board and hope he'll be with us at Brands Hatch also as we feel we can keep making progress with him and get some more good results. Scott has worked hard this weekend but it's a very difficult track to learn, understand and ride right but his lap times continued to improve over the weekend and he has settled his riding style down and making good improvements."


For more information on Gearlink Kawasaki please visit: www.gearlinkracing.com


We're pleased to support, sponsor and supply performance parts to Gealink Kawasaki racing. for more information on the parts we have to add some 'bionics to your bike' please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com
Performance Parts Ltd- 
Bionics for your Bike- 
Better, Stronger, Faster..

No comments:

Post a Comment