Monday 9 July 2012

SWAN YAMAHA CONTINUE WINNING MOMENTUM AS HILL MAKES IT A TRIPLE


Swan Yamaha’s Tommy Hill claimed a sensational triple race win at the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park to extend his advantage in the overall standings and secure a valuable nine podium credits.

Hill had taken the victory in the opening race yesterday (Saturday) and in the second race of the weekend he scored a commanding win before making it a hat trick in the third and final race to score the maximum amount of podium credits. Haga took a strong fifth position in the second race following an intense battle with Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Michael Laverty, but just missed out on a podium finish in the final race when he was forced to settle for fourth after he was passed at the final corner.

Tommy Hill- couldn't have had a better weekend
 Hill said: "It was a tough second race no matter how much you are in front as you have to keep pushing. I tried to settle down but that is when you start making mistakes and you cannot underestimate anyone. I made a few errors towards the end of the second race but it set us up well for the final race. To have won three races was fantastic as it was my first hat-trick in the series. It is just great to come out on top but now I have a flight to catch to get out to Suzuka. I didn’t ease up in the last race as I definitely had a target on my back as they all wanted to beat me. They kept me honest out there and I had to ride as hard as I could across the whole weekend but I was determined and it is great to head to my home round at Brands Hatch carrying this momentum.”
 
Haga said: “We started off the weekend with a good setting from before and I have been working with my new crew chief Mark and we continued to find a good positive setting. We were consistent in all three races, for sure we need to do some work with the rear suspension setup but my feeling is getting better. In the last race I was happier and I no longer feel like I am sometimes riding a motocross bike and that we can go to one of my favourite tracks next at Brands Hatch and be fast.”

Team manager Gary Ekerold concluded: “We had three races here and to take three wins and a pole position is a fantastic result for the Swan Yamaha team. Noriyuki had one of his best weekends too and now he is inside the top six and that was what we wanted to achieve this weekend. His feeling with the bike has improved tremendously and now we can go to the next round at Brands Hatch with Tommy’s confidence high and an ever improving Noriyuki.” 

For more information visit www.swanyamaha.co.uk



We're pleased to support, sponsor and supply performance parts to Swan Yamaha racing. for more information on the parts we have to add some 'bionics to your bike' please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com
Performance Parts Ltd- 
Bionics for your Bike- 
Better, Stronger, Faster..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment