Monday 18 July 2011

Motorpoint Yamaha - BSB Washout

The 7th round of the British Championship held at Oulton Park in Cheshire had to be abandoned due to torrential rain, the organisers managed to run half of the scheduled races but eventually with the conditions deteriorating they had no alternative but to cancel the event.
 
The Motorpoint Yamaha team of Loris Baz and James Westmoreland brought their machines home in 7th and 8th place in first Superbike race held in very treacherous conditions.




Loris Baz

 Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha 7th position race 1
“I am happy to see the flag for that race! Many riders were crashing and the track was very slippy, after the pace car came out I thought I could go with the top six but they had better grip than me. I did not want to risk a crash so 7th was OK, we made some positive changes for race 2 but did not get chance to try after they cancelled the race. Brands Hatch next I can’t wait!”
 
James Westmoreland 8th position race 1
“It was pretty scary conditions for that race! I got a great start but had a few slides so was maybe a bit too cautious and lost some places, I could see riders crashing and really wanted to bring the bike home in one piece, it was the right decision not to continue it was getting bad. Brands Hatch GP track next one of my favourites!”

James Westmoreland
 
Performance Parts Ltd are proud to sponsor Motorpoint Yamaha and supply Akrapovic systems. For more information on Motorpoint Yamaha please visit www.robmacracing.com

For more information on the hundreds of performance parts we have for your bike please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com

Performance Parts Ltd: Bionics for your bike- Better. Stronger. Faster...

No comments:

Post a Comment