Wednesday 6 July 2011

Motorpoint Yamaha - Frustrating weekend at Snetterton

For the Akrapovic equipped Motorpoint Yamaha team of Loris Baz and James Westmoreland it was a weekend of mixed results and frustration, James suffered with a mechanical problem in race two putting him out on the warm up lap and Loris once again missed out on any luck handed out.


Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha 9th race 1 7th race 2

“I am pretty happy with the progress and the potential; I know I can get on the podium soon! In both races I had trouble on the first laps, in race one I was put on the grass and the second was ran wide when Tommy Hill crashed! Fighting back from a bad start was pretty good and I enjoyed my riding, finishing these races with good pace is giving me and the team good experience, I have the leaders pace so we need the luck on the early laps, I try again at Oulton”.


James Westmoreland 13th Race 1 DNF race 2

“Totally frustrated, we had a good pace all weekend and really felt that we had a good chance of a strong finish, a really messy first lap put that thought on hold and the bike broke in race two! It was one to forget and we are now focusing on Oulton Park the next race”

Rob Mac team manager

“Well that was a shame we were not part of possibly the best weekends racing we will see this year! The new track certainly delivered close action and I am sure we have converted some new fans from that show! I feel for Westy, he had a great build up and looked odds on for his best weekend, a poor start put him into the pack and he struggled to get the best out of the race. We had a mechanical problem in race two which is very disappointing and very rare, we will evaluate back at base.

Loris will get there, we are getting stronger and again if he can stay out of trouble in the early laps he has the pace for the podium, we head to Oulton licking our wounds but very motivated”

For more information on Rob Mac Racing please visit www.robmacracing.com

For more information on Akrapovic and hundreds of other performance parts for YOUR bike please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com

Performance Parts - Bionics for your bike- Better. Stronger. Faster

No comments:

Post a Comment