Monday 14 May 2012

O’Halloran Scores First Superstock Win of Season for Samsung Honda

Performance Parts Ltd Sponsored and Samsung Honda's Jason O'Halloran won the opening Superstock 1000 Championship race of the weekend at Donington Park as the team celebrated their first win of the season in the class.



O'Halloran- first!

O'Halloran took the lead into Redgate for the first time ahead of Danny Buchan, Jimmy Storrar and Keith Farmer. He then held off the challenge from Steve Brogan who made a move at Schwantz before O'Halloran took the advantage back into McLeans before Brogan crashed out. O'Halloran held the lead from Storrar to take his first win of the season.

In the second race O’Halloran again got a flying start before suffering with chatter and lack of grip after the opening laps which dropped him to sixth, but holds second in the overall standings ahead of Snetterton in two weeks’ time.

Jason O'Halloran: "It was a good race and we have been feeling happy all weekend with the Samsung Honda. I got a really good start and was able to control it a bit and then I head a bike behind me and to begin with I didn't realise it was Brogan. He came passed me but I managed to get it back at the next corner and then I heard a bike go down and with the messages on my pit board I knew it much have been him. I then just got my head down and it felt good to win. In race two I struggled for rear grip and I knew from about the third lap it was going to be difficult; I tried to hold it for as long as I could but we still scored some good points for the championship and it has been a good weekend for the Samsung Honda team.”

Team Manager, Havier Beltran: “It was a great result to win the first race at Donington Park and it was what the Samsung Honda team have been working so hard for over the opening rounds. Jason and the team are now looking forward to the next round of the championship at Snetterton in two weeks’ time.”


For further information about Honda, the Honda Racing team and its riders please visit
www.honda.co.uk or www.honda-racing.co.uk 

We're pleased to support, sponsor and supply performance parts to Samsung Honda Racing. for more information on the parts we have to add some 'bionics to your bike' please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com

Performance Parts Ltd- 
Bionics for your Bike- 
Better, Stronger, Faster..

No comments:

Post a Comment