Monday 28 May 2012

SWAN YAMAHA SCORCH TO RACE ONE VICTORY AT SNETTERTON

Swan Yamaha’s Tommy Hill became the first rider to score his second win of the season at the fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Snetterton.
Hill had fought his way through from third place on the opening lap to take the lead by lap seven after passing Michael Laverty and Josh Brookes. 

Tommy Hill: 2nd win of the season, retired in race 2
 The defending champion was then able to edge ahead to claim his second win of the season despite an overheating issue that he calmly overcame and he then looked set to again be in fierce contention in race two. However the issue returned in race two and despite running in second and looking set to challenge to the lead he was disappointingly forced to retire.

Noriyuki Haga continued to get comfortable on the Swan Yamaha at the Norfolk circuit and was able to secure a fourth place finish in the opening race with a determined challenge from his second row start. In race two further improvements had seen the Japanese ace again run in a position to challenge for his second podium finish of the season but he crashed out at Murrays ending his high hopes for race two.

Hill said: “There were six different winners from the first six races so to be the first one to win two is a good feeling. The new rules without the traction control mean you have to ride harder but at the same time you don’t want to push too hard although you know the other guys will be pushing hard too. I knew it would be tough, especially towards the end of the race. When Josh came passed me I was worried that there might be a pack waiting to do the same. I had an issue with water coming up in my face during the race but we got through it. In the second race I had the same issue and I managed to get close to Michael (Laverty) and then I just had to pull in. It is so frustrating as we had made some good changes between races and I think we could have had a good race so I do feel pretty gutted. I suppose that is because it is my passion and I really wanted a double podium today. It has been a weekend of ups and downs; race one was fantastic and now we will regroup and prepare for Knockhill where the Swan Yamaha team will come out fighting.”

Haga: starting to settle nicely on the Swan Yamaha
 Haga said: “I am happy with the result we had in race one with fourth but I also at the same time feel a little disappointed because I still couldn’t find the right feeling with the Swan Yamaha and that made it tough. We had worked hard on the suspension during the weekend to get a good feeling from the tyre but we didn’t quite solve it for the first race. We made some changes for race two and the Swan Yamaha was feeling much better, but my crash was just a stupid mistake and I was disappointed as I lost the chance to get a podium finish. I have to apologise to the team and now I am looking forward to getting some better results at Knockhill.”

For more information visit www.swanyamaha.co.uk 

We're pleased to support, sponsor and supply performance parts to Swan Yamaha racing. for more information on the parts we have to add some 'bionics to your bike' please visit www.performanceparts-ltd.com

Performance Parts Ltd- 
Bionics for your Bike- 
Better, Stronger, Faster..

No comments:

Post a Comment